Thursday, July 27, 2017

Short Story 4: A Prank On Calvin

Celtic sat at the counter of the Out Of Time Cafe, eating her chocolate milk shake. As she read a book, from the royal Multi-Kin library.
"That any good?"
Celtic turned to see Malia, sitting by her with a can of soda. Malia was pointing at the book.
"Kind of, it's for school."
Celtic shrugged, as she turned back, to her book. She read for awhile, but sensed Malia was still there. Celtic glanced over to see Malia still there.
"Shouldn't you be working?"
"Yeah. But not working, makes April mad."
"OK. But why here?"
"Cause I need your help."
"With what?"
Celtic put her book away. So she could give Malia, her full attention.
"I want to prank Calvin."
As she said it, she pointed over to a table by the door, where Calvin was sitting.
"You wan't to prank the king of the Multi-Kin's?"
"A king, but yes."
"This seems like it's a bad idea. That well get me into trouble, but sure I'll help you."
"Great."
Malia turned to Celtic.
"So what's the plan?"
"Plan, it's your idea."
Celtic said, as she finished her milk shake.
"Do I have to do all the work, around here?!?"
"Oh, yeah I see your hard at work."
April growled, as she passed caring two trays of food. Malia just rolled her eyes.
"Any ways, any ideas?"
"No. You do know his basically my great uncle, right."
"What, how?"
"Calvin is Chase's uncle. You know Chase my Godfather."
"Oh, yeah I forgot those two where related. Any ways we need a prank."
"Prank? who are you going to prank?"
The two kids turned to see Tori, standing behind the counter.
"No-"
Malia was cut off by Celtic.
"Calvin."
Malia shot Celtic a dark look.
"I don't think you should do that."
"You know what you should do? Work!"
April almost yelled, as she walked past.
"Well she's right, I need to get back to work."
With that Tori left, to take customer orders.
"I need to get back to school. Sorry."
With that Celtic left two. Leaving Malia by herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment